Interested in knowing more about Reiki?
Or perhaps becoming a practitioner?
Why not take a class?
Usui Holy Fire® III Reiki Level I – Opening to the Flow
Total Cost – $250.00 of which $125.00 is a non-refundable deposit.
Reiki Level I – Shoden “first teaching”
At Level 1, the Initiation/Placement (attunement) opens the student to the awareness of the flow of Reiki energy. Traditionally, the ‘outer’ focus of Level 1 Reiki is on the hands-on therapy at a purely physical level – both for self-treatment and for treating others. However, the ‘inner’ focus of Level 1 is about learning to become ‘a clear channel’ for the flow of Reiki energy. Level 1 is about learning to ‘let go and let the energy flow’ and to ‘step out of the way’ – by learning to override the desire (of ones conscious and ego-mind) to interfere in the healing process. The goal is to simply let the Reiki phenomenon ‘happen’.
The attitude should be one of almost Zen-like, compassionate, detachment: “Sitting quietly, ‘not doing nor seeking after outcomes’, NOT believing you know what healing is needed (we cannot know this, only our ego thinks it does.). “If healing happens, great – it happens, if it doesn’t, well it doesn’t.” The thing is, we really don’t know what specific healing is needed or even taking place – but Reiki does. It is important to develop an attitude of “compassionate detachment from outcomes” and release the desire to “fix it” according to YOUR opinion. Reiki knows what’s needed and that’s all we need to concern ourselves with. Leaning this early on will greatly enhance the quality of one’s journey with Reiki.
Reiki Level I training provides all the basic skills and foundation required to practice this special therapeutic art – primarily for self-healing, and also for treating others – family, friends, pets – even household plants. For those attuned to it, the phenomenon that is Reiki can be utilized as a form of body-centered meditation. It can also be an invaluable tool for spiritual growth and have a subtle yet profound effect on one’s personal development. While many people will choose to progress to Level 2 with its deeper energy connection and expanded healing techniques, and eventually to Master, know that if you’re not called to continue – this level is enough.
Included in this class:
- The standard Reiki session hand positions.
- Giving a complete Reiki session for self and others.
- Japanese Reiki Techniques, as taught by Usui Sensei including: Gassho meditation, Reiji-ho – developing your intuition, Byosen Scanning – detecting where Reiki is needed, Gyoshi ho – sending Reiki with the eyes, Kenyoku – dry bathing or clearing one’s energy field.
- Hayashi Healing Guide.
- Using Reiki for specific conditions.
- 2 – 1 hour follow up mentoring sessions for additional practice and to help you fully integrate the Reiki energy. Additional mentoring sessions available.
- 190-page class manual.
- History and Origins of Reiki and it’s discoverer, Mikao Usui.
- What Reiki energy healing is, how it heals the body, mind & spirit
- Understanding the “energy body” known as the auric field, how to
balance the chakra system and correct polarity.
- The Reiki hand positions used by all Reiki practitioners for self
treatment and treating others.
- Meditation to enhance your ability to channel Reiki.
- Most importantly – how to give a complete Reiki treatment using all the hand positions.
- A lifetime of support, 20% discount on private healing and mentoring sessions, invitations to FREE Reiki Shares to practice your skills and connect with other Reiki Practitioners!
The class is a combination of lecture, discussion and direct experience. Practice time includes giving a complete Reiki treatment using all the hand positions, practicing the self -treatment, and practice using the Japanese Reiki Techniques mentioned above.
While practice takes place during the class, it is expected that you will set aside additional time to practice after the class is over. Please commit to this additional time which should be one evening a week for several weeks, or its equivalent, to practice Reiki with one or more people from your Reiki class or with members of your family or friends. This additional practice is necessary to gain the experience and confidence you need to fully utilize your Reiki training.
If class dates are not convenient for you Create your own! I’ll gladly schedule a class with you at a mutually convenient time and for every friend (up to 4) you bring, I’ll give you $25 off your tuition!
Holy Fire® and Karuna Reiki® are registered service marks of William Lee Rand.