Reiki I 2021 Class Schedule
At Level 1, the Initiation opens the student to an awarenessof the flow of Reiki energy. Traditionally, the ‘outer’ focus of Level 1 Reiki is on the hands-on therapy at a purely physical level – both for self-treatment and for treating others. However, the ‘inner’ focus of Level 1 is about learning to become ‘a clear channel’ for the flow of Reiki energy. Level 1 is about learning to ‘let go and let the energy flow’ and to ‘step out of the way’ – by learning to override the desire of one’s conscious and ego-mind to interfere in the healing process. The goal is to simply let the Reiki phenomenon ‘happen’ without wishing something to be a certain way.
The attitude should be one of almost Zen-like, compassionate, detachment: “Sitting quietly, ‘not doing nor seeking after outcomes’, NOT believing you know what healing is needed (we cannot know this, only our ego thinks it does.). “If healing happens, great – it happens, if it doesn’t, well it doesn’t.”
The thing is, we really don’t know what specific healing is needed or even taking place – but Reiki does. It is important to develop an attitude of “compassionate detachment from outcomes” and release the desire to “fix it” according to YOUR opinion. Reiki has its own wisdom and intelligence and knows what’s needed and that is all we need to concern ourselves with. Learning this early on will greatly enhance the quality of one’s journey with Reiki.
Reiki Level I training provides all the basic skills and begins to build the foundation required to practice this special therapeutic art – primarily for self-healing, and also for treating others – family, friends, pets – even household plants. For those attuned to it, Reiki can be used as a form of body-centered meditation. It can also be an invaluable tool for spiritual growth and have a subtle yet profound effect on one’s personal development. While many people will choose to progress to Level 2 with its deeper energy connection and expanded healing techniques, and eventually to Master, know that if you’re not called to continue – this level is enough.
Included in this 15 hour class:
- The standard Reiki session hand positions.
- Giving a complete Reiki session for self and others.
- Japanese Reiki Techniques, as taught by Usui Sensei including: Gassho meditation, Reiji-ho – developing your intuition, Byosen Scanning – detecting where Reiki is needed, Gyoshi ho – sending Reiki with the eyes, Kenyoku – dry bathing or clearing one’s energy field.
- Hayashi Healing Guide and using Reiki for specific conditions.
- 2 – 1 hour follow up mentoring sessions for additional practice and to help you fully integrate the Reiki energy. Additional mentoring sessions available.
- 190-page class manual.
- History and Origins of Reiki and it’s discoverer, Mikao Usui.
- What Reiki energy is, how it heals the body, mind, heart & spirit
- Understanding the “energy body” known as the auric field, how to clear and
balance the chakra system and restore harmony to the energy systems.
- The Reiki hand positions used by all Reiki practitioners for self-treatment and those for treating others.
- Meditation to enhance your ability to channel Reiki.
- Most importantly – how to give a complete Reiki treatment using all the hand positions.
- A lifetime of support, 20% discount on private healing and mentoring sessions, invitations to FREE Reiki Shares to practice your skills and connect with other Reiki Practitioners!
The class is a combination of lecture, discussion and direct experience. Practice time includes giving a complete Reiki treatment using all the hand positions, practicing the self -treatment, and practice using the Japanese Reiki Techniques mentioned above.
While practice takes place during the class, it is expected that you will set aside additional time to practice after the class is over. Please commit to this additional time which should be one evening a week for several weeks, or its equivalent, to practice Reiki with one or more people from your Reiki class or with members of your family or friends. This additional practice is necessary to gain the experience and confidence you need to fully utilize your Reiki training.
Reiki Level 1 Tuition – $250.00 of which $125.00 is a non-refundable deposit
REMEMBER! Save $50 when taking both Reiki I & II within 3 months.
- $125 non-refundable deposit holds place for both classes – you pick dates from choices provided
- $150 due at beginning of level 1 class
- $175 due at beginning of level 2 class
Total Cost for BOTH classes – $450.00
Holy Fire® and Karuna Reiki® are registered service marks of William Lee Rand.